The NurseChoice Application Process
We’re glad you’re ready to join our team of the best traveling nurses in the industry. As a NurseChoice employee, you’ll enjoy some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry. To help you get started on the application process, follow the steps we’ve detailed below. If you have questions, we’re happy to help. Simply call us at (866) 557-6050.
Complete the Online Application
Complete our online application form by clicking the red "Apply Now" button at the right of this screen. It requires basic contact information, licensure details, schooling, and recent job experience details.
Update Your Skills Checklist
Once you complete the application, you’ll need to complete your skills checklist. You can complete this part of the application process at any time. Simply fill out the appropriate checklists for all specialty areas in which you have experience.
Visit our online Skills Checklist Library
Request Professional References
Complete your professional reference requests by accessing our Professional Reference Form and submitting it to your most recent employers. Once they complete your references, you’ll be able to speak with a career specialist about travel nursing opportunities NurseChoice has available across the country.
The Final Steps to a Travel Nursing Career with NurseChoice
While you’re planning for your assignment, please gather, obtain, and fax the following documents, where appropriate, to (877) 282-0425.
- License/Credentials: A current signed copy of your license or certification for your discipline is required for all states in which you hold a license. If your signature appears on the back of the license, please provide a copy of both the front and the back.
Visit this page for a list of the State Boards of Nursing.
- Healthcare Provider Card (BLS, NRP, ACLS, PALS): The facilities we work with recognize the American Heart Association BLS course. Online courses do not meet this requirement. The BLS card must be current within 730 days prior to starting an assignment, and must be kept current throughout the duration. Please be sure to include a copy of both the front and signed back of the card.
In addition, we’ll need copies of the following medical documentation. Please fax them along with your licensure, credential, and healthcare provider cards.
- Hepatitis B—Documentation of a declination, completed series, or a positive titer
- Mantoux TB skin test—Completed within 365 days prior to your assignment start date
- MMR/Rubeola—Documentation of two (2) MMRs, two (2) vaccines, or a positive titer
- Physician's Statement—Required annually
- Varicella—Documentation of a Written History, MD statement, vaccine, or positive titer.
Other Important Forms:
- Form I-9—Visit this page for instructions and acceptable documentation
- Background Authorization Form, Professional Liability Insurance, and other forms: Prior to your first assignment, you will receive a login to our site, The Service Connection. Many of the forms you will need are available there; in addition, many can be filled out online. At this point, you will gain access to RN.com, where you can complete any competency tests and access free CEUs.
Thank you again for choosing NurseChoice. Our career specialists are available to help you through the application process. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (866) 557-6050.