NurseChoice is committed to safeguarding your online privacy, whether you are a nurse, administrator, or general visitor to our website. As a result, we have made the commitment not to disclose any of your personal information to third parties without your consent (subject to the limited circumstances set forth below).
The NurseChoice website is an information/career site on the World Wide Web. The site, owned and operated by AMN Healthcare, Inc., provides comprehensive staffing solutions for healthcare facilities across the nation. NurseChoice specializes in nurse placement in temporary or travel positions across the country.
AMN Healthcare, founded in 1985, has become an established leader in the travel nursing industry.
How we Safeguard Your Personal Information
Although we may collect certain information from you as discussed below, please be reassured of the following:
- We will not disclose your social security number or any other personal information you provide to us unless you authorize us to do so, except where needed to deliver a service or product ordered by you or under the limited circumstances set forth below.
- Please be advised that we may share your personal information with our parent company or affiliated divisions/companies, which may contact you regarding recruitment opportunities.
- We will always give you the opportunity to access and correct your personal information at any time.
- We will not disclose your application status without your authorization.
There are various areas on our website where we either require or permit you to transfer personal information. We use this personal information only for the purpose specified at the time you input such information, including contacting you for employment opportunities with us or our clients.
For example, when using various features of our website, we may collect your name, address, social security number, telephone number, email address, licensure, certifications, education, and/or employment history. In addition, employees and applicants may use the secure Traveler Service Center section of this site to submit additional information in furtherance of employment.
Aside from any information you may actively disclose to us, there is other, less obvious information that we might obtain from you. We may use such information for internal purposes as a way to improve the content of our web pages or to customize the layout of our pages to accommodate individual preferences. In addition, we may track your account history regarding your participation on the website.
Our system automatically collects information about the pages that visitors view on our website. We may use this aggregate information to understand how our members, as a group, use the services we provide so that we can improve the user experience on our website.
Furthermore, we may share such aggregate statistical information with our partners, affiliates, or other outside companies, but in doing so, it is not our practice to disclose individual names or other personal information. Some examples of how we aggregate such information are as follows:
- Cookies: A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are widely used on the Internet, and have become an industry standard. Cookies enable user registration, login, and personalization, among other things. Although a cookie cannot identify you personally, it can identify your computer. Your browser is most likely set up to accept cookies automatically. If you would like to disable this feature, you may do so by adjusting the options or preferences in your browser. However, by doing so, you will lose some of the conveniences of our web pages.
- IP addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin service with an Internet Service Provider. We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration and to audit the use of our site. Each time you log onto our site or request one of our pages, our server logs your IP address. Although we log your session with us, we will not normally link your IP address to anything that can enable us to identify you. However, we can, and will, use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service, or to protect our service, site, users, or others.
- Computer information: We query your computer automatically for information about the computer or operating system you are using, including queries such as the baud rate of your modem or error messages you may have received. We may do so in order to fit our services to your individual needs, and to diagnose problems you may be experiencing with our website. We use a unique identifier in the form of a user ID to give our users access to special areas of our website intended for registered users only.
- Geographic location: We may gather information about your geographical location by determining where your computer is located. We do this in order to provide either localized service, or to provide faster service by sending your server localized content.
We encourage you to correct and update information related to your account. Upon your request, we will provide you with any unique identifying or personal information that we maintain about you, and will make any appropriate changes you provide us.
If, at any time, you object to our use of your personal information, including use of your email address, you may opt out by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org