Job Description & Requirements
Intensive Care Nurse - ICU Nurse
• Completes patient assessment using subjective and objective data sources.
• Evaluates assessment data and establishes nursing diagnoses.
• Prioritizes patient needs including physiological, social, psychological, spiritual, age specific and selects diagnoses which can be reasonably addressed in the acute care episode.
• Develops an individualized PCP based on patient assessment using nursing practice standards and protocols, realistic measurable outcomes/goal and timeframes for goal achievement according to patient condition and age.
• Delivers patient care as outlined in the PCP and patient response to interventions.
• Assigns patient care tasks to and observes care given by non-RN staff members.
• Evaluates patient care and assesses the level and timeliness of outcome achievement utilizing input from pertinent members of the healthcare team, including patient/family.
• Communicates the patient’s plan of care to all members of the healthcare team and including the medical record.
• Organizes and communicates nursing care assignments/tasks/responsibilities based upon patient acuity/need and staff education/skill/job description.
• Assesses patient teaching needs as part of the initial and ongoing assessment, sets goals and develops teaching plans consistent with the patient’s educational level, learning readiness, and age.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to implements and /or coordinates the teaching plan focusing on wellness, health maintenance and restoration.
• Provides a safe environment based upon patient condition and age.
• Assumes responsibility for education and self- development.
• Participates in nursing performance improvement and interdisciplinary research and study activities as required.
• Adheres to institutional policies and procedures.