Job Description & Requirements
Perioperative Nurse - Operating Room Nurse
• Maintains orthopedic equipment in good working order, inspecting and testing at least weekly.
• Coordinates and assures all appropriate equipment, instrumentation and positioning devices are available for surgical case.
• Checks instruments and equipment for sterility, cleanliness, and functionality prior to the start of the case.
• Assists with set up and use of equipment during procedures.
• Assist with allocation of equipment for procedures on a daily basis.
• Assists team members to place and position patient on table.
• Scrubs arms and hands and dons gown and gloves.
• Dons personal protective equipment when required.
• Hands instruments and supplies to surgeon, holds retractors, cuts sutures, and performs other tasks as directed by surgeon during operation.
• Assist with sponges, needles, and instrument counts before and after operation.
• Puts dressings on patient following surgery.
• Actively participates in meeting patient safety goals in promoting quality and safe patient care.
• Assists in room turnover to include room cleaning.
• Recommends use of equipment, purchase of new/replacement equipment, additional parts and supplies.
• Assembles/compiles case carts with supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for the procedure.
• Performs related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities