Job Description & Requirements
Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab Nurse
Welcome to Emory University Hospital Midtown, formerly known as Emory Crawford Long Hospital. At Emory's Midtown hospital, some of the world's top specialists are advancing medicine every day. We have more than 1200 Emory Clinic and 440 private-practice physicians spanning 28 specialties. Our physicians work collaboratively to provide comprehensive care and quality outcomes for our patients and their families.
To care for patients and their families with concern not only for their illnesses, but also for their mental, emotional and spiritual well-being.
Our history dates back to 1908, when two physicians, Dr. Edward Campbell Davis and a former student of his, Dr. Luther C. Fischer, opened the 26-bed Davis-Fischer Sanatorium on Crew Street, near present-day Turner Field. With just 26 beds, the hospital quickly outgrew its capacity and by 1911, Davis and Fischer moved the hospital to its present site, opening an 85-bed Davis-Fischer Sanatorium on Linden Avenue.
In 1931, the hospital was renamed Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital in honor of Dr. Crawford W. Long, the Georgia physician who discovered sulfuric ether for use as an anesthetic. Visitors to the hospital's museum may see some of Dr. Long's personal artifacts and medical memorabilia from the hospital's early days. Emory Crawford Long Hospital was renamed "Emory University Hospital Midtown", effective February 13, 2009. However, as part of Emory's commitment to honor a more than 100-year history of the original name, 'Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital' is retained on exterior monuments.
Today, Emory University Hospital Midtown has more than 1,200 Emory Clinic and 440 private practice physicians spanning 28 specialties. Emory University Hospital Midtown physicians work collaboratively to provide comprehensive care and quality outcomes for our patients and their families. From a 26-bed sanatorium to a tertiary care facility with more than 531 beds, Emory University Hospital Midtown has a rich heritage. For more than 100 years, our full-service hospital has established a solid foundation for outstanding quality health care and medical integrity for Atlantans and the Southeast.